- 2 kg of eggplant
- 2 kg fresh tomato
- 1 1/2 cup egyptian rice
- 400 g minced meat
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 1 tbsp salt for cooking
- 1 tsp sweet pepper
- 1 tsp salt for filling
1- Hollow the eggplants:
- Rub, trim off the stem and make a hole.
- Wash well and drain
2- Rice filling:
-Drain and rinse rice
-Add meat, peppers and 1 tsp salt.
-Add heated ghee and mix well.
- Fill eggplants with a suitable quantity around 3/4, then shake to spread the filling.
- Press on the end of the eggplants to take out the extra filling.
4- Tomato Sauce Preparation
- Wash, peel and ground the tomato with an electric blender.
- In a suitable pot, put the tomato with water and bring to boil.
- Once boiled, add eggplants and salt.
- Bring to boil, cover the pot and keep on low heat until well cooked.
- Served hot with tomato broth.