- 1 kg zucchini
- ½ kg eggplant - medium size
For the stuffing :
- 300 g minced meat
- 1.5 cup Egyptian rice
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp 7 spices
For the sauce:
- 1 liter tomato sauce/juice
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp seven-spices
- 4 cups water
- Remove zucchini stalks & slice off the buttom carefully also remove the eggplant stalks.
- Using a corer; hollow out zucchini and eggplant pulp , untill reaching the desired thickness ; then wash them & strain.
- Wash the rice & soak in water for 30 minutes, then strain, than add minced meat , salt , seven-spices & mix well.
- Start filling the zucchini & eggplant with the rice mix only half way , ( use your finger to measure, to make sure )
- In a suitable deep pot , add the tomato sauce & water , bring to a boil , then add salt & seven-spices, then add the stuffed zucchini and eggplants
- Cover the pot , & bring back to a boil, then remove the lid & simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes or untill rice is fully cooked
- Serve hot .
- Eggplants may finish cooking before the zucchini so have them checked & if they are ready; they can be pulled from the pot while the zucchini continues cooking for a bit longer.